Guild icon
BombSquad/Ballistica Official
Public Archive / share-mods-archive / AutoRun version 1
TheMikirog 1/1/2023 1:43 PM
1:43 PM
If you've got any feedback, post it here! (edited)
Deleted User 1/1/2023 1:49 PM
ooo thanks miki, i always waited for something like that for the mobile players just like me (edited)
TheMikirog 1/1/2023 1:50 PM
won't work on servers though, you gotta let the server owner know if you want it
The first revolution in quality of life mods
please put this in jrmp
2:00 PM
i’m tired of “too many punches!”
chem
please put this in jrmp
TheMikirog 1/1/2023 2:04 PM
maybe in the 1.8 server pack
eeee!
The first revolution in quality of life mods
yes
chem
i’m tired of “too many punches!”
Anastasija 1/1/2023 9:03 PM
use swipe, no buttons
Deleted User 1/1/2023 10:47 PM
When I saw this plugin, my first thought was, how it is useful? I am pc player (keyboard) but I had habit of using punch key to run as well. I tried using this plugin and wow this is cream. It is very useful and practical. doing activities (grab, punch, etc.) while running is become easier. the turns are very smooth. I'm defiantly going to use this forever. however I was usually dying forever in monkey face map while running without plugin and now I never do
  • In maps like Monkey face map, It is easier to turn automatically and not die forever (seems like unity example you gave me earlier but it can balance difference between keyboard and gamepad)
The race has the similar case,
  • Race is easier with autorun, Heavy turns are taken automatically with little momentum lost.
(I would like to see someone recording with and without timings of race) I doubt these would make any difference. It's a plugin for mobile users and they were at little disadvantage from start. With this plugin, I think fair balance is enquired. While playing I found following things I loved:
  • It is easier to shoot puck in ice hockey map
  • touching curse and finding players or health are easy and satisfying
  • using tricky jumps in roundabout, zigzag, step right up, etc. is easy
  • Turning in ice lake or hockey stadium is satisfying
(edited)
SoK [GMT +1] 1/1/2023 11:36 PM
Ah, sorry for not testing Monkey Face @TheMikirog Although it's hard to manuveur even without running, due to lack of raillings
Deleted User
When I saw this plugin, my first thought was, how it is useful? I am pc player (keyboard) but I had habit of using punch key to run as well. I tried using this plugin and wow this is cream. It is very useful and practical. doing activities (grab, punch, etc.) while running is become easier. the turns are very smooth. I'm defiantly going to use this forever. however I was usually dying forever in monkey face map while running without plugin and now I never do
  • In maps like Monkey face map, It is easier to turn automatically and not die forever (seems like unity example you gave me earlier but it can balance difference between keyboard and gamepad)
The race has the similar case,
  • Race is easier with autorun, Heavy turns are taken automatically with little momentum lost.
(I would like to see someone recording with and without timings of race) I doubt these would make any difference. It's a plugin for mobile users and they were at little disadvantage from start. With this plugin, I think fair balance is enquired. While playing I found following things I loved:
  • It is easier to shoot puck in ice hockey map
  • touching curse and finding players or health are easy and satisfying
  • using tricky jumps in roundabout, zigzag, step right up, etc. is easy
  • Turning in ice lake or hockey stadium is satisfying
(edited)
TheMikirog 1/2/2023 1:21 AM
Race is how I made sure the mod stayed competitive with run button hogging. This was my benchmark and I was fine if it was a tiny bit slower than manual. If you're curious, auto-run is slightly worse by half a second, but if you know the movement tricks it is capable of reaching the same times as manual running. Also I'm glad you tested it in more scenarios that I didn't cover - I only did regular lab movement, Infinite Onslaught, navigating on Zig-Zag and Crag Castle and Race for speed testing.
👍 2
Python has no built-in clamp()? Funny
Why isnt possible to online mode? @TheMikirog
Macar_
Why isnt possible to online mode? @TheMikirog
Mods that modify the gameplay in a substantial way are server only. Due to limitations of the modding API, stuff that can affect only your controls like macros aren't possible. You could use a third-party app to replicate this behavior, but it itself won't know anything about your player movements, especially on servers. This means if you want to use this mod, you gotta join servers that implement it themselves. This applies to every mod that does not modify the party chat window. Imagine the chaos if everybody could apply any mod ever online and how rampant the cheating would become. Instead if you're a server regular, let the owner know you want this mod! Chances are, some community servers are already employing it, you just gotta find them!
TheMikirog
Mods that modify the gameplay in a substantial way are server only. Due to limitations of the modding API, stuff that can affect only your controls like macros aren't possible. You could use a third-party app to replicate this behavior, but it itself won't know anything about your player movements, especially on servers. This means if you want to use this mod, you gotta join servers that implement it themselves. This applies to every mod that does not modify the party chat window. Imagine the chaos if everybody could apply any mod ever online and how rampant the cheating would become. Instead if you're a server regular, let the owner know you want this mod! Chances are, some community servers are already employing it, you just gotta find them!
So in order for it to be possible online, Eric will have to add these options directly in control settings, to enable and disable automatic action?
Macar_
So in order for it to be possible online, Eric will have to add these options directly in control settings, to enable and disable automatic action?
1. Servers add this mod by themselves. 2. This mod becomes official, which Eric has shown to be interested in.
SoK [GMT +1] 4/6/2023 12:56 AM
Tbh if it would become official, it would be nice to make it toggleable (perhaps in Player Profiles for more customization?)
TheMikirog
1. Servers add this mod by themselves. 2. This mod becomes official, which Eric has shown to be interested in.
@efro [GMT -7]
Actually this might not be completely perfect since the whole downside to running is you can't turn yourself quickly if you run long distances, and walking usually makes this a non problem
Exported 21 message(s)
Timezone: UTC-6